Lemon Olive Oil Cake
(makes one 23cm cake)
1 ¾ cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
Zest of 4 lemons
¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
1 cup plain yogurt
⅔ cup Juno lemon infused olive oil
About ¼ cup icing sugar to sprinkle on top of the cake
Strawberries or raspberries to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a 23cm cake tin with Juno lemon agrumato olive oil, and then dust it with flour.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Add the zest to the sugar and rub together to infuse the flavours.
- Beat the sugar and eggs on a medium-high speed until the mixture becomes creamy and doubled in size. Lower the speed to low and add in the lemon juice and yogurt.
- Add the oil pouring it slowly in a stream until it is combined. On the lowest speed, add the flour just until combined. Do not over mix
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes. (A toothpick inserted in the middle will come out with a few moist crumbs.)
- Remove cake from the oven and cool for 20 minutes before removing cake tin to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and garnish with strawberries or raspberries.