Stuffed avocado with basil, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes
I use basil in everything from spicing up sweet and savory dishes to making pesto. This recipe makes a colourful dish.
3 balls of mozzarella - more if you want.
Tomatoes of different colours
1-2 big handfuls of basil leaves
3-4 avocados halved with seed removed
Fresh slices of melon - rockmelon, water melon, honeydew melon, mango, papaya
10-12 dried apricots
- Lightly grill whole tomatoes with a drizzle of Juno Picual EVOO until skins split. Place in a bowl
- Roughly chop mozzarella and basil leaves and place in bowl with tomatoes.
- Halve and deseed avocados
- Heap tomato mixture into avocado halves and place on a platter. Spread the remaining tomato mixture around the avos and decorate with slices of fresh melon and dried apricots
- Drizzle with Juno Basil Infused Olive Oil.